Today, we hear from Shreyas Parab, Nicole Birkner and Michael Chen, 3 teen entrepreneurs who participated in one of the world’s leading high school venture competitions, the Diamond Challenge, hosted by University of Delaware Horn Program in Entrepreneurship and sponsored by Capital One with support from HatchPad. These three amazing teens share their experiences with future participants, offer advice, and explain the many ways in which the Diamond Challenge has shaped their future successes.
The Diamond Challenge is an innovative entrepreneurship competition for high school students offering $100,000 in awards.
We discuss topics such as:
- The motivation to participate in the Diamond Challenge
- What each participant gained in terms of experience and future outcomes
- Tips and advice for future participants
- Mistakes to avoid
- New relationships built as a result of the Diamond Challenge
- The businesses they formed as a result and where those businesses are currently in terms of lifecycle
Interested in applying to the Diamond Challenge?