Are you a young entrepreneur between the ages of 13 and 25 with a killer business? Do you have an innovative idea and want to see if it holds water?
Enter HatchPad’s 2016 People’s Choice Awards to win up to $1,000 in non-equity grant funding, press coverage, and feedback.
Entries open June 4th and close July 30th. One Winner ($1,000) and One Runner Up ($500) will be announced September 5th.
How it Works
- BUSINESS PAGE: Create a profile and business page on Hatchpad. Make sure to include a video.
- TAG YOUR PAGE: Tag your business page “People’s Choice Awards” under Categories.
- TRACTION: Share using social media and email and encourage people to “like” and/or “follow” your page.
- JUDGING: When the contest ends, participants whose business pages have hit a threshold of 50+ unduplicated likes and/or follows will be entered into the judging round.
- WINNERS: Judges will select a Grand Prize Winner ($1,000) and a Runner Up ($ 500).
- Social traction: Total number of likes and follows. You need to keep sharing even after hitting the threshold.
- Quality and conciseness of video: Make it powerful and impactful and under 2 minutes.
- Completeness of profile: Please make sure you create a full profile, upload a personal photo, add your social links, and indicate your skills, experience and include a bio.
- Quality of HatchPad business page: What you write and how you write it (spelling and grammar) is important. All sections of the business page must be completed with the exception of a link to a crowdfunding campaign if you don’t have that. You also must have a featured image and a logo.
- Feasibility: We need to believe that you can not only execute against your idea or business but that there is a large market for it.
- Innovation: We are looking for the most innovative ideas that have mass appeal and impact.
- You must be a citizen or legal resident of the United States and Canada. At this time, we are unable to offer grants to non-US or Canadian citizens.
- One of the founders of your business and creator of your business page must between the ages of 13 and 23 as of June 4th, 2016.
- If you are between the ages of 13 and 17 as of June 4th, 2016, your parent or legal guardian must read through our terms and conditions and agree on your behalf.
- The HatchPad system is set up to allow one like and one follow per business page per registered user.
- Your business page must remain live until October 30th to receive your media coverage in HatchPad’s blog and so we can include you in our press release
- Heather Holst-Knudsen, CEO & Founder, HatchPad
- Cristin Frodella, Head of Marketing, Google Education
- Renee Farmer, Managing Partner, President & Founder Rainmaker Capital Funding, and Managing Director Oberon Securities
- Dan Kern, Americas Manufacturing and Energy Sector Senior Marketing Lead, Cisco Systems
- Morris Lenczicki, Vice President – Communications and Social Responsibility at L’Oreal USA
- Shreyas Parab, CEO & Founder, NovelTie and Diamond Challenge Winner
- Tonia Reis, SVP and Executive Director, Edelman Square at Edelman
- Tyler Van Winkle, Founder and Partner, Rivet Creative
Grants will be awarded through KidBacker Foundation for Entrepreneurship, HatchPad’s sister 501c3.